Saludos desde la playa! Hello from the beach! Sunday night I arrived with my group to the Flamingo Beach area, where we will be for the next week. I am staying in Playa Brasilito which is a 10 minute drive from CPI Flamingo, with a family. Been loving my gallo pinto the last two mornings...
Summary of this weekend:
Friday went whitewater rafting and got ROCKED! I fell out of the boat and everything on a wild set of rapids! No injuries, thank goodness. Having been rafting before I knew to keep my feet downstream and grab the nearest kayak...two other chaperones who were with me also fell out at the same time, so we all laughed about it later! Also got very sunburnt, since silly me I didn't use sunscreen at all. (My thighs are BRIGHT red!)That night took my group to Tiquisia, an experience of typical Costa Rican food, music, and dance! We had a lot of fun and the food was good! (Note that I was showered and ready to go in about 10 minutes!) From there I went to Rumba a dance club, with another group and practiced salsa and hung out with Sonia and Diana, two other chaperones. We have all since parted ways to go with other groups!
Saturday left early in the morning to get to Manuel Antonio National Park. The guide and I frantically try to reach the chofer, who arrives late. Pick up group and hit the National Park...my fault that no one had swim suits ready! but we hiked, saw monkeys and racoons, and deer on the way back. Check into the hotel, and relaxed by the pool for a little while. Went to a cool restaurant for dinner and celebrated a birthday! Return to hotel and do a flip flop with rooms, since a braker blew. I gave up my room and had to share with someone else... Then went out with a few students and the guide to dance for a while, came home and collapsed.
Sunday visited area around the entrance to Manuel Antonio, got lunch, took a few beach photos. Got on the road to Flamingo! 6 hours later say goodbye to my guide and chofer (they ROCK!) and make sure all my students get to their familias: arrive at my own homestay and SLEEP.
Yesterday (Monday) give brief tour of Flamingo beach area, go eat lunch at my fave restaurant where I was greeted with a hug!!!! Take students home and double check reservations, investigate transports for Saturday morning, and make sure everyone gets on the right bus to go home.
Today: surf class. I suck, but I had a smoothie and a good convo with a student and we arrived ON TIME for the students to go to class! Tonight: bonfire. Still not sure how I am getting there, since I live 20 minutes away. Also pretty sure I will totally miss dinner. Three girls in my group are sick, but all have seen a doctor, and I did not have to accompany them since I was with the rest of the group in Tamarindo. Right now: wating for my coordinator to get back with me. I have a question about a reservation for Saturday and plans for Thursday night (disco night...scary!). Such is the life of a chaperone.
Mom, I hope you like this extra long entry!! I will try to post pictures again soon.
PURA VIDA
0 comments:
Post a Comment