After my post yesterday, I want to inform you that I am feeling myself again.
Today I accompanied the Texas kids to a primary school where they observed classrooms and taught an activity in English and Spanish. Afterwards we were (all! even me!) paired with one student to practice their English. I talked with Jeffery, who is 10, for a solid 25 minutes as we discussed family and words in English...it was very cool! Afterwards I worked on putting together info sheets for incoming/upcoming groups, and accompanied some of the Texas girls to lunch which took forever at Johnny's Pizzaria. My calzone was well worth it, in addition to the CPI discount. I am not hungry at all right now, and its almost 6:30pm.
I just caught the sunset with my group, and will shortly be going home to do laundry and snack, then meet with some of the Texas kids for a little going-away party for the son of a professor who is visiting. Tomorrow night there is live music at Bar Amigos, and I plan to go and work on my salsa dancing! I hope I can convince some of my kids to come with me, since I hate going by myself.
Jessica has arrived, and Diego is all aflutter. I pick up my group Saturday, and return to Monteverde Sunday night. Such is the life of a chaperona!! But I think I will have Jess to keep me company : )
1 comments:
hi chickidee! your hair is beautiful, i cannot believe how long it has gotten! meggie, what a pleasure to chat with you today on SKYPE, sorry for interupting your work, jajaja! hey, remember to have confidence! you sound like me and you are definitely putting too much pressure on yourself to be perfecta. its a new year for you and just because you learned a lot last year, doesnt mean you cant make mistakes. TE AMO Y TE EXTRAÑO MUCHISIMO DARLING!
Post a Comment