Beach, Beach, and More Beach

Buenas! I am writing from Guanacaste, near Flamingo Beach. Right now my group is in Arenal with thier guide, and will arrive later this afternoon in Tamarindo, where we'll lunch and have a surfing lesson. I will be meeting them there via the public bus.

The last two days have been a little hectic. With my group's departure to Arenal, I was transfered to Flamingo to prepare in advance for thier service project. We will be painting a community center in Huacas, and there are lots of logistical details to be aware of. Gerry and I did a overview yesterday, and I plan to call him later with a few more questions! I'm looking forward to seeing my group again this afternoon and getting my first surf lesson. Its good to be here after a bus ride from Monteverde to Sardinal, and then a three hour drive to Flamingo with Jorge. I stayed with Muni one night, and I am currently at Guanacaste Lodge after staying for one night. My bag is still at Isolina, with Gerry! I will be rooming there tonight, and only took the basics for my stay here.

My stay in Monteverde was all too short! In one day my group worked at the coffee co-op in San Luis, where we helped with a soil conservation project, and then did a canopy tour with Sky Trek (note: I like Extremo better!) and then had a dinner and disco night at La Guardaria del Sapo. It was a long day! The co-op project was tough for the kids, being both hard work (we dug holes between coffee plants to catch soil and prevent erosion) and long term effects. This group does not stay motivated, and a lot of the girls sit down after 20 minutes and call it a day. I am concerned for the success of our project at the community center tomorrow! The kids will have to be working hard again, and stay motivated. Wish me luck.

On Monday my group leaves to go to Rincon de la Vieja, a volcano with famous hot mud springs at the base. They will be visiting a hacienda and doing all sorts of cool things! They will have a guide with them again, so I won't be going. At this point I am unsure about where I will be...its up to my boss. We'll see what happens!

I am going to go have breakfast now (gallo pinto and eggs, very typical comida Tica) and then see about my bus to Tamarindo.
Its so hot here! I miss Monteverde already.
Missing everyone at home too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes