I spent the last three hours at the beach under the sahde of a tree, with my iPod and a 1.25 Liter bottle of ginger ale. Slowly working on my tan, haha.
Today Maria and I made our way to CPI Flamingo, where Maria caught the bus to Huacas to meet with her group and surf in Tamarindo. I saw Ronny, my favorite chofer, leave this morning. I leave tomorrow to go to Liberia Airport by bus and meet with my group. Now we are all going in our separate directions, and Pim will be here in Flamingo a little longer. I have to call my chofer or Gustavo, the guide, and let them know to pick me up on thier way to Puntarenas. The service work there will be hot and hard, because the sun is always high and hot there. Muni gave me a watercooler, which I plan to use daily there. The last thing I need is taking my kids dehydrated to a clinic!
I have really enjoyed my stay here in Flamingo. The personel at Hotel Cabinas Isolina were wonderful, and I have eaten at Pleamar at least 8 times now. I'll have dinner there tonight. Today Alonso from El Castillo was driving past CPI and waved to me. It seems like I have gotten to know quite a few locals, and they have all perpetuated my positive idea of Ticos.
Did I mention my 10 minutes of surfing glory? I learned in Tamarindo, for the last 15 minutes of the surfing lesson. I got up on my second try, it was a pity I didn't have more time to practice!! But I can say I have had one surfing lesson. Maybe I will get a chance to try again some other time.
0 comments:
Post a Comment