We worked more on the Habitat for Humanity construction site, building walls and mixing cement. My hands and arms ache from mixing cement, and shovelling gravel. Its tiring but rewarding work, seeing the progress and being involved in something beyond myself. My kids have been very hard to motivate, and I find myself constantly reminding them that we are here to get down and dirty, to do service work! It isn't always entertaining or comfortable, its sometimes really challenging and physically demanding. There is a big difference in the maturity level of some kids compared to others. Once again, the dynamic reminds me a lot of Youth Group. I say that because right now I also have chocolate cake in my ear and hair, being part of the evening fun involving an excess of chocolate cake my kids bought at Mus Anni, a popular bakery in Costa Rica.
This afternoon we got back from service work and there was a mad rush to the pool, where we played for at least two whole hours. Overall a pretty low energy afternoon, especially after heavy duty work at the construction site.
I found out today that I only have three full days left with this West Coast group. While they are in Manuel Antonio and Dominical (two beautiful beaches on the western coast) they will have an official guide. I will be in Monteverde, helping at the groups office. It will be nice to have some time to relax, working just in the office. I hope I see some of my friends there before I leave!
Its strange to think that I have so little time left here, there is still so much I want to do and see. Two weeks? Three weeks? will go FAST.
Love it here!!!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment