This morning I ate my gallo pinto and accompanied one of the students to the doctor, where we pinpointed the source of her discomfort, finally. She has inflamed cartilage in her chest, between rib and sternum. X rays showed exactly what and where the problem was, and the mystery has been solved.
After a trip to the MegaSuper and pharmacy, we reunited with the rest of our group at the Habitat for Humanity work site. We dug trenches and compacted dirt to form the floor of a new home being built! Let me tell you, I get very frustrated with the kids, especially when they lose motivation. For the last hour we were there the only people still working hard were the chaperones. It really bothers me sometimes, especially since this is a service group. They are good kids, but they lack motivation. I got my hands (and clothes) dirty with sweat and mud, with a shovel and pickaxe in hand throughout the afternoon. I realize how fortunate I am to have a comfortable place to call home, with a room of my own and all the appliances we take for granted: stove, microwave, toaster. I am so blessed!
It was wonderful to arrive back at the hotel, throw a swim suit on and jump into the pool. It was the most refreshing part of my day! The kids hung around the poolside most of the afternoon, until we went to dinner at 6:30pm. The walk to Kimbo's was longer than I anticipated, but the people there were very accomodating. I make sure to chat and smooth everything over, and usually people are very understanding.
This evening there was small fireworks display from a plaza close to our hotel! It was a cool way to end the day.
Tomorrow we continue work at the Habitat site, and I think the pool will look equally inviting.
The beach continues to be beautiful, but HOT!
0 comments:
Post a Comment