The last couple days have been a little stressful. While the chaperones for my West Coast group are cool, personalities begin to rub the wrong way after a while, and I am glad to be away for a little bit. My kids are also a fun bunch, but there comes a point where its best to take a step back and a deep breath.
It seems that this beach isn't prepared for a group like us... the group has run into constant issues since we've been here. At every restaurant we've visitied we have run out of something: from hamburgers to fruit drinks to brownies. This group is demanding too! Even with meals covered, the kids are never satisfied! I find myself constantly trying to make sure the group check and individual checks are seperate, and reminding them that any extra food or drink has to be paid for seperately. It seems like West Coast groups are living up to thier reputation! I admit that I did have fun at El Castillo, dancing with Gerry's group one night and singing kareoke with my group the next night.
This morning Maria and I made our way to the CPI apartments and walked to the beach, where we spent some of the morning in the water and walking around on the beach. There was vry little sun, and the water was clear but chilly. We also met Pim, another chaperone there with his group. Later we walked back to CPI and changed our clothes, and went to a late lunch at Pleamar where everyone knows my face. I have eaten there at least seven or eight times so far this summer. Today was one of my favorite meals: a cold beer and a cheeseburger. We spent the rest of the afternoon with Pim in the groups office, joking and talking about all of groups and common experiences. Its a rare and wonderful thing to be altogether with other chaperones, since we are always mving around. I really miss Jess, Muni, and Gerry. I did spend one day with Gerry and his group, following him in a painting project in preparation for my group. We did a lot of painting, but did not do a good job of cleaning up. My group has energy, but not good listening skills.
Not sure what kind of plans Maria and I have tonight, only they will hopefully involve Pim ad lots of laughter and relaxing! Enjoying this day while it lasts!
The beach is beautiful, but hot. I am definately missing Monteverde. I hope to go there again soon, before my stay here in Costa Rica is over.
Missing everyone back home!
0 comments:
Post a Comment