Three Out of Sixteen

You may recall in my last post how I updated about my West Coast Connections group, and my experience at a private clinic. Last night I had to make yet another trip to the clinic, here in Monteverde. I am very fortunate, however tht I know my way around this town! One of my girls fell playing soccer and hit her head, and had a mild concussion. I accompanied her to the clinic and by 10pm we were back at our hotel, Poco a Poco, and we had her eating and watching a movie with the other chaperones, who kept an eye on her through the night. While I now feel like I know my way around medical situations here, though I have yet to go to a hospital. If I am lucky, I will avoid that situation altogether!! There are still several days left of this tour. I have only taken three out of sixteen kids to the clinic so far, which isn't too bad, all things considering.

Today we went ziplining at Sky Trek. We took a tram halfway up the mountain and then began the zipline tour! I love ziplining, it might be one of my favorite activities that I get to do with groups. Its beautiful to fly in and out of clouds, and to see the rain and cloud forest from such hieghts. This tour was different however, for two reasons. One: it was not with Extremo, the company that I have toured with the previous two times. Two: it rained. I have never experienced a zipline in the rain, and its no fun! The oil from your pulley gets on your face and clothes with the excess water, and the raindrops sting when they hit your face and arms. At the end of the tour I was soaking wet and cold to the bone! It was wonderful to get home and get into dry clothes.
I had to give in and pay for laundry service also. Once again, the underwear rule applies. It is a pity though, that I came home this afternoon with more dirty clothes! I will have to tote them around until I settle in my next hotel, which will be in Flamingo. I admit that I will enjoy being back on the beach, and I want to keep the tan I have going!

Tonight I will be taking my group to a dinner and disco night at a local restaurant here in Monteverde. Tomorrow morning I hand the group over to another CPI guide who will accompany them to Arenal Volcano, and I will head to Flamingo beach to prepare for my group's arrival and visit the new service project site.
Thank God for rain, sky, and chances to rest!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes