Right now I am back at Mayi's house in San Rafael for the night, and tomorrow morning I go to Monteverde. Ronny is taking me 3/4 of the way, and dropping me off at Sardinal. Wish I could visit here more, coming back to Mayi's is very much like coming home! I know this family, I know this house, its like a sanctuary. I plan to stay in touch with this family!
Yesterday was quite the adventure too! Cafe Britt was not the experience I expected. It was much more theatrical, long, and a little on the childish end of entertainment. Even the West Coast chaperone commented on it...not a good sign. For dinner we went to a bar called "Canadian." This is funny for two reasons: both group chaperones are Canadian, and in my notes its written "Canidian." It was a really awkward atmosphere for the group, and the kareoke part of the evening didn't end up happening. I made some calls and got my group out to the mall instead, despite some bus troubles. Our chofer, Don Julio, has been working on getting our bus prepared for the trip to Manuel Antonio, and last night during dinner he was at the mechanic. There was a last minute bus swap to get us to the mall. I felt bad leaving, but there just wasn't the vibe for our group. I wish I had known more about the place before we arrived.
Before curfew last night there were many heartfelt goodbyes, and a huge photo op with the kids. We took group pictures of everyone, and said goodbye and goodnight. For the record, there are definately a few of those kids who are like little sibs to me now...I will miss them very much.
Tonight Costa Rica is playing Mexico in soccer for the gold cup! I know a group of CPI students are out watching the game and a Bw3 style place, and I think that Mayi and Dona Flora are watching downstairs. Its a big deal!! Soccer is here, you know...any five-year-old could kick my butt easily.
Looking forward to tomorrow, on my way to my favorite place in all of Costa Rica, Monteverde. I will be there for the next week, with both Maria and Jessica(at different times). I am not sure yet what I'll be doing in the week that follows, except that I may or may not have groups or free time. There is talk of a farewell trip, or something of that nature. I am missing all the chaps right now, sitting on the white leather couches all by myself.
Saludos a Pim, who left for Holland today. Unforgettable friendships, wonderful peoople: its all part of the adventure.
: )
0 comments:
Post a Comment