Solita

Monday morning at CPI Monteverde. Its windy and cool, and I am reminded of Trout Lake. As the familiy prepares for the annual trip to Wisconsin, I find myself more and more dissapointed that I am not able to go. Being here in Monteverde is an ok substitute, with the forest and the breath-taking natural beauty. I think that is part of the reason I like Monteverde so much, because it reminds me of Trout Lake in many small ways...the breeze, the stars at night, the green, the small-town feel.

I spent this weekend with Maria, and we had a great time. Its so much fun to be back with the other chaperones, who you can talk to about group dynamics and the nitty gritty parts of the job. We stayed together in Las Casas del Torro, the CPI apartments. On Saturday we went to see the fig tree, and walked around downtown Santa Elena. Maria bought her bus ticket to go back to Heredia, and we did a little shopping. I plan to go back during the week and pick a few things. That evening we went to a good-bye party for Michelle Jones, our chaperone from last summer who is leaving for Colombia soon. It was great to catch up, and it seemed like just yesterday we were together with the UD group running around Costa Rica and scrambling through homework at CPI. From there we went to Choncho's, where there was salsa night. I danced with Fish, a cool Tico I met, and I was exhausted by the end of the night. On Sunday Maria was all packed to go and I dropped her off at the bus stop in Santa Elena, and I sat and waved goodbye as the bus pulled away...I miss Maria already! I stopped and got some sushi at the restaurant next door, and ended up getting free sushi!! Then I walked home, and went to mass later. I had been anticipating Jessica's arrival all afternoon, but it turns out she had to go home early due to a death in the family...she is in my thoughts and prayers. Its a sad way to leave Costa Rica. Now I am sola in the apartamento, and awaiting directions from Areyls, the fearless leader here in the office.
Gerry will be here tomorrow though, and we always have fun.
My time here is winding down...two more full weeks.
PURA VIDA

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes