day twenty-one

It is currently 5:01am and I just dropped my group off at the airport. They all stayed up last night, since our departure time from the hotel was 4am. I got up at 3am after going to bed around 1am, hanging out and packing and enjoying my last moments with the group. I miss them already, and while I shed no tears, there were some kids who got emotional at the airport drop off. Frankly, I am going to feel very alone all day today without my group. Did I mention that I miss them already...?

Yesterday we bid an early farewell to one group member, who headed home to California. We went white water rafting, and even sang her the morning song (the song we start everyday with, our theme music: "Walking on Sunshine") in the bus on the way. We spent a great day on the river, and only two kids fell out (on the first rapid too!) during the whole tour.
On a more disappointing note we had one cell phone and two cameras go missing yesterday, and after calling the rafting company twice and the transportation company twice with nothing being found on the bus, I am afraid to say that we face the possibility of these items having been stolen, which is a very serious accusation. After having the kids search all bags, belongings and hotel rooms with no results, it seems to be the most likely option. All of them remember putting the item in their backpack before leaving, but did not at any point remove it...and we left our bags the whole morning in the bus. Which throws the safety of our things into doubt.
I also discovered that I left my sweatshirt and jacket at the last hotel, hanging in the closet. I did not realize it until two days ago, as I haven't needed either item. I put them in the closet with the idea of keeping them dry and separate from my raincoat, and in the end they got left behind. I called the hotel FIVE TIMES yesterday and left my number with two different people, but still have not heard anything. I am very, very disappointed and frustrated, and now will need to replace those items. If only the hotel would call me back!!! I plan to call again around 8am today and be more insistent. Maybe even a little demanding. Definitely aggressive!

These next few days I have off, so I will be in full relax mode, travelling a bit and just taking it easy. Today I plan to run errands, first stop being the doctor.
Hopefully I will see Elliott later today, as he finishes a tour in San Jose this afternoon which isn't to far from CPI Heredia. I also want to visit with my Familia Tica!
After my couple days off I will be working here in the Admissions Office of CPI Heredia until my final (THE final) group of the season arrives the first week of September.

It is so strange to think that 21 days ago I was just beginning with my West Coast group. Already it seems like a whole lifetime has passed, but in just the blink of an eye. Now that all of them are gone, I am left with a cd of trip songs, a cute card signed by the kids, and some really great memories. I am so blessed to have had such a FANTASTIC group! No other group compares. I hope to see them again, somehow, someday.

Pura Vida.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes