I already miss...

Starting to think about things I will miss when I go back to the USA: at the stop of the list is fresh fruit and veggies. There won't be a farmer's market I can walk to every Friday afternoon to buy a kilo of pejibayes or tomatoes, mamonchinos or yuca. The pineapple won't be as sweet.
The salads will have lots of funny dressings.

Things just aren't as fresh...we in the USA do have produce readily available, but it is often at higher prices and it is not locally grown. Our bananas come from Hondouras, Guatemala...Costa Rica. Kiwis come from New Zealand. Apples from Chile. It's great that we have these things available, but not so great that their freshness is often lost or compromised on the trip to get to our grocery store.

In addition, I will miss taking the bus.
Maybe that seems silly...but I will miss the stress-free feeling of hopping on the bus and not worrying about traffic, if I have gas in my tank, is my seatbelt buckled. The bus is so cheap (less than 50 cents for a ride) and goes everywhere. Cars give you more freedom, but with this freedom comes extra stress...like where to park, paying gas/insurance/tickets, and watching out for crazies on the road. the Dayton bus system is just pitiful by comparison. And I have no idea if I am even still on my parents' car insurance.

Costa Rica is just amazing in these areas...the USA is no comparison.
(Let me clarify though, that I am looking forward to crisp fall weather, pumpkin ice cream, and snow. You can't get that here!!)

It's just too bad I can't have the best of both worlds.

Pura Vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes