This weekend was absolutely amazing!
I left from work promptly at 5pm to get the bus to Upala...Elliott has been there this week visiting with his mom. I got there late, around 11pm. Thankfully I got a ride from downtown to San Jorge with some nieghbors, and I went right to sleep when I got to the house.
Since last year Elliott has been saying that we will go visit Rio Celeste, but it has never worked out having enough time and our schedules. But yesterday we borrowed a car and went with two of his sisters and his son, and had an amazing time. The weather was perfect...I passed for Tica, which is amazing since I was with all the Bolivars who are very dark. We walked about 5 kilometers total, up and down. The trail was pretty rough in some areas, but it was worth it.
The waterfall is gorgeous, white and foaming, below the water turns a beautiful turquoise blue, and flows down. The rocks all around the waterfall are very slippery and swimming is not allowed...because of the chemicals many of them have turned green. WE walked all the way to the mirador, to see the Tenorrio Volcano National Park, where we saw the volcano. Afterwards we walked down to the laguna,where the water was again beautiful turquoise blue. We walked all the way down and around to the hot springs, that are naturally formed being so close for the Tenorrio volcano. Elliott and his sister went in, but I didn't bring my swim suit. It was a good hike too, I was sweating a ton!! Up and down, and thankfully it didn't rain because there were some pretty muddy spots on the trail. We had lunch by the waterfall, and arrived home tired but happy. It was the best day, a dream come true to finally visit!!
What an amazing weekend...
Upala was nice too. There are lots of pineapple, and I was busy making atol with my sister-in-law...a tradiational dessert made with corn and milk, then strained and boiled and poured into dishes until it sets. It reminds me a lot of pudding and cornbread! Elliott loves it, and it was a fun thing to learn...it takes quite a bit of work, but it is delicious.
This afternoon Elliott and I rode a dirt bike all the way to Upala downtown so I could catch the bus for San Jose at 2pm. We arrived just in time and I got a seat...It was quite the bumpy ride, and exhilarating, but I think I like the ride in a car better. But that is only the fourth time I have ever ridden on dirt bike, and it was fun!!!!!! Apparently next time I have to learn, when I go to San Jorge again.
It just started to rain as I got home, and now I will go to bed...tired after the hike, after travel. Buenas noches!
Pura Vida : )
0 comments:
Post a Comment