pretty big announcement

I want to go ahead and share with you all some very big news.

On Sunday August 14th, 2011, Elliott and I were married in a simple civil ceremony in San Vito de Coto Brus in Puntarenas.

The witnesses were Jimmy and Kathleen, two of Elliott's close friends. The ceremony was at their B&B, Casa Botania. It was very intimate and simple, with ourselves, the witnesses and the lawyer and her daughter there. We listened to the lawyer's words about marriage and how honored she felt to be part of the event. Jimmy spoke about how important it is to be there for your spouse in the good and bad.

(On a side note, I want to tell you a little about Jimmy and Kathleen.
He is Tico and she is Belgian. They met five years ago, he a tour guide and she a tour director for a group. They got along very well and eventually fell in love (sound familiar?), marrying three years ago in a similar ceremony and later again in Belgium with Kathleen's family. Elliott attended the wedding in Belgium, and he is very close with both of them. They were extremely honored to witness the event, very happy and touched. They are wonderful people, and I am so glad that they were present.)

Afterwards we toasted with sparkling wine and all had a piece of cake.

Right now we are waiting for the rings to be finished, to make a formal announcement. Our close friends and family already know. In August of 2012 we will have a ceremony in the Catholic Church with my family in the USA.

So, I am a married woman!! I am still getting used to referring to Elliott as my husband! I know that my choice is hardly traditional, but let's face it...my life is hardly traditional. And that doesn't bother me at all. I love Elliott and I know that while things will not always be easy, this man is the one for me, no question about it : )

Pura vida

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes