tickets and anxious hunger

For the last two weeks I have been eye-balling tickets for December on Kayak and Priceline from DAY to SJO (for those of you who do not frequently travel by air, those are the codes for Dayton International and Juan Santamaria). My mom made the error last year of waiting for "prices to go down" getting closer and closer to the date of Christmas. No way am I paying $1000 on a one-way ticket! The sooner the better...
So far prices seem to be hovering right around $480. I'll take that. It's a pretty good price for December, when people are trying to make a getaway to a tropical paradise like Costa Rica.
Looking forward to payday, to make that big purchase. The sooner the better! I will feel better once I know for sure when I am coming back.

I am starting to wonder if I am an anxious eater. I have a good lunch every day, and do not like eating in the evening and taking in calories I don't need. But the last few days I have come home and...I am not hungry, but I feel like I should be eating something!! I really miss my crocheting, it was something to keep my hands busy while I sat or watched tv. Here my co-workers and friends have made fun of me for twirling my hair.
In any case, I am hitting the gym EVERY DAY when I get back! I got to fix myself up!
Speaking of fixing, I definitely need to get my hair trimmed. It has been quite a while. My last haircut was in March!! I bet I have split ends.

I have no idea what to do for our wedding registry. Looking at all the details of the wedding this one sticks out, WAY out, because we will not be living in the USA. Keeping that in mind, it doesn't make sense to have people give us gifts here and then try to figure out how to take everything home. At the same time I feel bad just asking for money. I like the idea of honeyfund.com, but we will need more than just a honeymoon. There will be lots of things for our house/apartment/HOME that we will need! How to tastefully let people know that it would be easiest to just give us cash...? A bank account is another option, but then you have to have banking info and pay for the international transaction etc., and it could get a little messy.
If you have any suggestions, I am listening...

Pura Vida...and buenas noches.

1 comments:

Mommy Pancorvo said...

Meggie,
I have a suggestion for your Wedding Registry.

http://www.myregistry.com/

Check this website out what it does is you pick any website online and can select things from it to be on your registry....like you can have things from a CR website and then stuff from Macy's or whatever other websites you two like and then the people can order you the stuff and it gets shipped strait to CR! It looks like the way it works is you just give your friends and family the myregistry website and everything from the other websites is right there on one site...not a million registry sites!

There's also a way to have people give you cash through paypal...i think its like they click to give you a cash found and then it gets sent to your paypal account.

When I saw TV commercials about it I had to check it out and when you mentioned your situation and figuring out a wedding registry I thought of this for you! It sounds perfect for your situation! :)

Of course don't quote me on any of this I just looked at it! I know nothing about it (I haven't used it or anything!)

Hope this helps you two out!

Take care!
Your friend,
Tanya

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes