Yesterday night I slept with a Familia Tica in Brasilito, affiliated with CPI. This was last minute accomodations, because of a lack of communication! Since I left the CPI Residencias/Apartments, I thought I would sleep in one of the two dorm rooms located in the school, but niether was prepared at the end of the day! It was understood that I was leaving with Maria, which wasn't the case. I slept well, after an afternoon on the beach and I ate a good dinner.
This morning I woke up around 6:30 am and began trying to arrange my transportation to Liberia to meet with my group, coming from Rincon de la Vieja. Here are a few things I learned about taking a public bus here:
-there are no written schedules. ask locals or call the bus company for details.
-seats are assigned. and sometimes the numbers for these seats are nearly invisible!
-ask the busdriver about any connections or stops.
-don't be afraid to flag down a bus and ask where its going, even if its the wrong bus.
-to flag down a bus, stick out your hand and wave!
-always keep your belongings in your lap
-if you aren't sure about your stop, get off anyway! you can always catch the next bus that comes along.
In summary: I met up with my group in Liberia, but only after sweating through an hour wait in Brasilitio and catching another bus in Belen. AND I almost missed my stop. I rewarded myself with lunch at Burger King and a milkshake at the Monteverde ice cream pit-stop. I am so glad I have a cell phone, and was able to stay in touch with Gustavo. He has been a hit with the group as a guide in my absence. Any question about Costa Rica that they have, I usually direct them to Gustavo.
This afternoon upon arriving at the hotel I was immediately thrown into finding out information about the clinics in the area, since one of our girls continues to have strange and uncomfortable symptoms. Better safe than sorry! In my frustrated and slightly annoyed opinion, she might be more comfortable and better looked after at home. But that is not for me to decide.
Tomorrw we begin service work here. I think I might buy a second water bottle.
1 comments:
So...I'm going to give you a call in a week when I need to get from Flamingo to Liberia airport. I'll be looking for your expert advice. : ) Te extranoooooo.
Post a Comment