Let the Games Begin

Today my West Coast group arrives. I will be travelling, translating, doing service, and working!!!!

I am so excited, so nervous, a little intimidated, and above all thankful! But I have a feeling all this energy I have right now is coming from the cup of coffee I drank with breakfast. It might not last through the day!

Wish me luck, I will update when I can : )




Its now almost 10pm here in Costa Rica. I am sitting in the reception area of Hotel Rosa de las Americas, taking advantage of free wireless internet. My group arrived safe and sound at SJO, and we got to the hotel no problem. We enjoyed a pizza lunch earlier and a buffet dinner.
This group seems to have a very different dynamic thus far! The two "tour directors" are very proactive and energetic. From what I have heard about some previous West Coast Connections groups, this is a huge stroke of luck. The kids are from different states including: NY, NJ, FL and MI. There are 11 girls and only 5 boys. All of the boys remind me of Youth Group kids, with the same antics and joking attitudes. Some of the girls seem a little more serious, and strike me as being a little more out of thier comfort zone here in Central America. I am already concerned about thier dress: all of them were wearing shorts today, which for girls and ESPECIALLY tourists is not a good idea. Shorts usually attract attention of the wrong sort! Hopefully by the end of thier first week here they will be dressing more conservatively.
Right now I am still waiting for my "bible" to come. With every group we receive a binder with contact lists, itineraries, menus and all manner of things that are important for making the trip run smoothly. With the huge influx of groups, it has been difficult to get everything organized on time! Ronny should be dropping it off soon, I hope. Afterwards I plan to go to bed! Today has been high anxiety, awaiting my group and sweating through a check-in and first night jitters.
But so far so good...the adventure continues tomorrow with white water rafting!!!



1 comments:

Jessica said...

You can do it! Yay WCC!

Post a Comment

Write here, about you and your blog.
 
Copyright 2009 Aventuras Ticas All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes